"So it was with me. I had actually seen a light, and in the midst of that light I saw two Personages, and they did in reality speak to me; and though I was hated and persecuted for saying that I had seen a vision, yet it was true...For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither dared I do it; at least I knew that by so doing I would offend God, and come under condemnation." Joseph Smith

Monday, August 29, 2011

Golden Times

I am happy to report that we do have some awesome things going on.  I feel like my new companion, Sorella Lloyd, has brought miracles with her.  She is such a hard worker and is always willing to try, even if she doesn't quite understand all of the Italian yet.  The other day we were knocking doors and met this couple, Gabrielle and Guilia, who let us in right away.  They were so energetic and talkative, and we were able to talk about the first vision and leave them a Book of Mormon.  When we went back, they had read and had invited another friend who read too.  They bombarded me with SO many questions about the Plan of Salvation, that I told them we would have to come back and talk more.  We get to meet with them tomorrow because they invited us to dinner.

We also met this African lady from Nigeria.  It was kind of crazy, I hadn't even planned on talking to her but wanted to quickly compliment her on her hair and move on.  We ended up talking and she had previously had lessons from the missionaries, but when she went to the hospital lost contact as well as her Book of Mormon.  She also told us about asking God to let her see and angel and dreaming about an angel twice.  She is way cool and we are meeting with her later this week as well.

I cannot tell you how much the Lord has been blessing us.  I still am far from perfect, but I am so much more comfortable talking with people, now.  In fact, I am starting to really enjoy it.  The Italians (or at least, everyone currently living in Italy) are usually so nice about it, even when they're not interested.  A lot of them have some really cool stories and experiences to share.  We have been meeting many 'golden contacts' who will hopefully start turning into investigators.  It just amazes me how much EVERYONE needs the gospel in their lives.  For some, it is just a few small changes.  For others, it changes their entire life.  But for all, it brings them a sort of happiness that they have never felt before.  



Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment