"So it was with me. I had actually seen a light, and in the midst of that light I saw two Personages, and they did in reality speak to me; and though I was hated and persecuted for saying that I had seen a vision, yet it was true...For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither dared I do it; at least I knew that by so doing I would offend God, and come under condemnation." Joseph Smith

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

More Miracles

Miracle story of the week: we were doing casa again, and were let in immediately by Giorgio, one of the coolest Italians I have met. He was there with his two daughters and a Catholic friend who was very, very, Catholic. He was very courteous and explained that over time he had lost his faith, that he was going through a separation with his wife, and that he felt he couldn't pray to God because it would be unjust to start only in time of need, without praying all the past years. You could tell that he was very intelligent and thought before he spoke. We were able to share the story of the restoration, and even his catholic friend became interested and started asking a ton of questions. We offered to leave a book of mormon but he admited he wasn't in the best of places to read it. We instead left the pamphlet on the restoration which his catholic friend started thumbing through (although at the beginning hadn't even wanted to listen.) And then my companion Sorella Lloyd worked such a miracle. She hadn't really talked for the whole lesson because Giorgio was difficult to understand, but she gave the most heartfelt prayer that invited the spirit so strongly into the home. When she finished, Giorgio's eyes were full of tears. A grown man, crying, because of a prayer. He made sure he had our number about three times and then we left. I know his heart may be too bruised to think about it now, but I am sure one day he will be ready. We're planning on going back in a few weeks to follow up. 

Good Luck to Richard (Elder Jacobson, that is!) as he heads to the MTC this week!!

Sorella Jacobson

No comments:

Post a Comment