"So it was with me. I had actually seen a light, and in the midst of that light I saw two Personages, and they did in reality speak to me; and though I was hated and persecuted for saying that I had seen a vision, yet it was true...For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither dared I do it; at least I knew that by so doing I would offend God, and come under condemnation." Joseph Smith

Saturday, August 20, 2011

More Miracles


This week was the miracle of Leda.  Do you remember Francesca?  She was the ''investigator'' at the MTC who also came up to me the very first sunday in church?  Leda is one of her really good friends that she gave to us as a referral over a month ago.  However, we had felt to wait and have Francesca continue talking with her for a bit.  On sunday, I went up to Francesca to confirm where Leda worked downtown.  She texted us that night, saying she would come to our appointment the next day, and asked us to pray about a baptismal invite.

The lesson was so powerful the next day.  Even though centro was crowded with tourists, there was the quiet influence of the Spirit.  As we talked with her, we realized just how much faith Leda has.  She had previously met with the missionaries years ago, but had a difficult time accepting the Book of Mormon or that her Protestant baptism was not valid.  It made her question her entire life up until then.  Also, her husband was completely against the church.  But now, he's had a change of heart, as so has she.  Year after year, as she studied and through the friendship of Francesca, she discovered the truth.  And so after we talked about the Restoration and I asked if she had received and answer to the Book of Mormon, she said, ''I know it is true, and I want to be baptized.''  In her words, ''I always knew everything in the Bible was true, but felt it was missing parts of the truth.  I found those pieces in the Book of Mormon.''  Now she is reading Doctrine and Covenants!  We did not do anything but had the privelege of wearing the nametags and witnessing such a miracle.  It was through her desires, the Spirit, and the friendship of Francesca that she was converted.  We are now all praying that the Lord will continue to prepare the way so she can be baptized September 9.  She will still need to confront her husband and find a solution so she does not need to work sundays, but I am confident the Lord has prepared her and will not leave her now. 

She is not the only one who the Lord has been preparing.  It amazes me as I realize how involved He is in the work and is shaping me personally.  As I've had to ''train,'' I've realized that it is really me who is ''training,'' and not Sorella Lloyd.  The Lord has blessed me beyond measure with gifts such as the gift of tongues so that I can understand and communicate.  He is multiplying my efforts to talk with people, so now it is much more natural to start a conversation.  He understands what motivates me and how I work, and is highlighting such traits so I can grow and continually progress to become who He needs me to be.  I know that He is doing the same for all of us, whether we're new parents, on the job, retired, or preparing to enter the MTC.  And he will do the same for all of you.

Sorella Jacobson

No comments:

Post a Comment