"So it was with me. I had actually seen a light, and in the midst of that light I saw two Personages, and they did in reality speak to me; and though I was hated and persecuted for saying that I had seen a vision, yet it was true...For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither dared I do it; at least I knew that by so doing I would offend God, and come under condemnation." Joseph Smith

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Happy Heart Day


Sarah and her new companion enjoying the best hot chocolate you can imagine!!


ANNA CHOSE HER BAPTISMAL DATE!  Woo hoo!  We were having our missionary correlation meeting when we heard her come in, so we slipped out to go say hi.  She was absolutely beaming as she said, ''Sisters, I've chosen the date.''  She then turned to the entire relief society and announced that she wants to be baptized the first week in March.  Everyone started screaming in our feminine way, and then there were so many hugs going around, you couldn't even tell who you were hugging.  Thus, she will have NO problems integrating in the ward, because they already love her.  We took another member in addition to her niece the last time, and they are way good friends now.  I'm so excited for her.  The commandments are not easy - like tithing when you're barely making ends meet - but when I gave her 10 M&Ms and asked for one back, she said, ''I want to give them ALL back to you.''  I bore testimony about mom going back to school, and how we always made it because mom and dad paid tithing first, in addition to all the sacrifices dad made.  I know that the blessings far outweigh the cost!

This last week was a bit difficult because of the snow and everyone being sick.  We weren't able to see 7 of our investigators, but hopefully we'll be able to see them this week.  We were able to meet with Rachel, a new investigator, who had a really powerful conversion story in the Catholic church.  At first we were worried, because she said she couldn't believe in the first vision.  But then she said it made sense that there would be another testament of Jesus Christ, and she wanted to read the Book of Mormon and find out if it was true.  We meet with her again tomorrow.  We also met Goldy and were able to talk with her on the street about how this message could bless her family.  She kept telling us that she wanted to come to church, so we invited her this sunday.  I also met Giovanna on the bus yesterday, who told me about her brother who's had his fourth operation on his heart.  I briefly explained that when my mom was in the hospital for heart problems, it was our faith and the power of prayer that helped us overcome our fears.  She called me a ''guardian angel'' and said that it was inspired that I sat down and talked with her.  She wants to hear more about our message with her husband.  So the Lord keeps sending us people, despite the snow and the cold.  

Hopefully I'll have more news for you next week.  I absolutely love this city, especially the members (one family who we've only been to once gave us a ride last night at 9:30 after we desperately called them from the other part of the city because there were no more buses).  My companion is awesome, and the work is just going to continue to grow.  

Love you all.  Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment