"So it was with me. I had actually seen a light, and in the midst of that light I saw two Personages, and they did in reality speak to me; and though I was hated and persecuted for saying that I had seen a vision, yet it was true...For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither dared I do it; at least I knew that by so doing I would offend God, and come under condemnation." Joseph Smith

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ever Onward

Monday night = best lesson ever.  At least, one of the best.  We went back to Daniela with one of my most favorite members, Sorella Capelli.  She and Daniela were a good match.  While we were sitting there drinking our tea (or rather, infusions) she asked Sorella Capelli about her conversion story.  She said she met the missionaries when she was 15, and now she's 50 - imagine that!

Anyway, we asked Daniela how reading Ether 12 went, and she turned to it to talk about each of the verses she had underlined - verses 4, 6, 27 all of the famous ones.  We all turned to each other with these looks on our faces like ''And why isn't she a member yet?''  We then had a super sweet plan of salvation lesson, and Sorella Capelli was able to relate it to real life and how it's blessed her.  I think Daniela really connected with it.  She's planning on coming to church on sunday, has already talked with her mom who might be interested in receiving us, and inclined her head yes when I asked if she would be baptized.  I'm really excited for her!

The work is continuing to progress as well as my faith. About 7 of 9 lessons have fallen through in the past two days, but just as I started to worry, the Lord put us in the path of those we were able to teach first lessons to with return appointments.  I really just need to learn to put my trust in Him, which has always been a hard thing for me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment