"So it was with me. I had actually seen a light, and in the midst of that light I saw two Personages, and they did in reality speak to me; and though I was hated and persecuted for saying that I had seen a vision, yet it was true...For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither dared I do it; at least I knew that by so doing I would offend God, and come under condemnation." Joseph Smith

Sunday, July 17, 2011

It's a little bit hot here ...

It's been about 104° F and coupled with the humidity, it's been tough.  But with lots of water and popsicles, we manage to make it through.  This Sunday in church I was sad that Erica couldn't come when one of the elders walked in and told me there was a family waiting for me.  I was a bit confused but when I walked out, I saw a family from Sri Lanka that I had invited to church during our exchange.  What a surprise!  They stayed for sunday school and then had to leave, but we have an appointment with them friday and they want to come again sunday.  To me it was a fulfillment of Ether 12:6, the Lord worked the miracle after we showed the faith of opening our mouths.

As you know, that has really been a struggle for me.  But with the Lord's help, things are getting much better.  I still have a bit of fear, but I know that He'll bless me with what to say every time, without fail.  And what's the worst that can happen?  They either say no or they're not interested.  We also have an appointment with a girl I talked to for about a half hour on the bus.  She was way cool and like all Italians, was so nice about helping out my Italian.  We've been praying for new investigators, and it seems the Lord is answering our prayers!  

I also taught English class for the first time last night.  They had shut it down a few months back, but Sorella Modugno and I wanted to start it back up again.  I was a bit nervous but it actually went really well.  We only had three people but I am hoping more come.  Plus it's summer so a lot of people are out of town.  



Thank you for your prayers and the good news of Richard's call.  Enjoy the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment