"So it was with me. I had actually seen a light, and in the midst of that light I saw two Personages, and they did in reality speak to me; and though I was hated and persecuted for saying that I had seen a vision, yet it was true...For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither dared I do it; at least I knew that by so doing I would offend God, and come under condemnation." Joseph Smith

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Four Months Gone so Quick!

This post may end up being somewhat short because we ended up going to Siena today and barely missing a train so we are running a bit late.  Siena is BEAUTIFUL.  Definitely breathtaking.  It is the epitomy of Italy and still has a flavor of the Middle Ages-Rennaissance.  I took a bunch of pictures.  The highlight was climbing this bridge to a panoramic view where you could see the Duomo, the ''Campo'' where they have ''Palio'' or the famous horse race, San Francesco (another famous church), all surrounded by the Tuscan hills and vineyards as well as the mix matched clay rooftops.  I could have stayed up there for hours.  We also got to see the works of Bernini and Donatello in the Cathedral, museum, and baptistry. 

I feel like great things are in store for the city.  Some of our less actives have been coming consistently and members are starting to invite us over to meet their non-member friends, something which hasn't happened for a long time.  We are also revamping our investigator pool although it is hard for us to 'drop' people.  As Joseph Smith said, ''A religion that does not require the sacrifice of all things will never have the power necessary for salvation.''  Yes, we are required to 'sacrifice' much but the promised blessings far outweigh the efforts.  It is difficult to see those who know it is true but are unwilling to change, or have an interest but are unwilling to pay the price to find out.  But hopefully we can plant seeds for others to reap later on as we look for those who are truly elect and prepared to accept the message.

I love you all.  Keep hanging in there.  Thanks for the love and support.  I pray for you always.
~Sorella Jacobson

No comments:

Post a Comment