"So it was with me. I had actually seen a light, and in the midst of that light I saw two Personages, and they did in reality speak to me; and though I was hated and persecuted for saying that I had seen a vision, yet it was true...For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither dared I do it; at least I knew that by so doing I would offend God, and come under condemnation." Joseph Smith

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Well Done

Please remember to join us for Sarah's Homecoming this Sunday!


Below are some of her last words home:

Right now my heart is just so full of gratitude and joy that I hardly know what to do with myself.  I know that it's coming to a close, and that it's at the right time.  If my mission already means so much to me now, while I am still here, I can only imagine how much it will mean to me through the years as it becomes more and more a part of me.

Last night as I was saying my prayer, I thought of all of the people I was able to meet and all of the beautiful experiences I've had.  There just aren't words to be able to describe it.  I think I am finally starting to really understand, ''and men are, that they might have joy.''  The gospel is a gospel of love and a gospel of joy.  All Heavenly Father really wants is for us to be perfectly and incredibly happy. I am so grateful that through His Son it is all possible.  I cannot believe how blessed I have been to learn this during these 18 months and be able to share it with those around me.  My heart is ''swollen with joy'' and I feel as if I could climb onto the rooftops to ''sing redeeming love.''  Trials may come, storm clouds may gather, but we know to whom to look for solace and light even in the darkest of times.  Our master is there to save us, sustain us, and help us realize the glorious divine potential that lies in each of us.  WE are His entire work and glory, and His promised blessings WILL come if we just have the faith to hang on.

I know that we are children of our loving Heavenly Father and through our desires to become like Him we were able to come to this earth, blessed to live in families, to learn, experience and grow.  I know that through the redemptive and enabling powers of the Atonement we can become purified and sanctified, overcoming all sin, fault or weakness.  Through Christ we truly can become perfected in Him.  The Book of Mormon along with a living prophet serve as our guides to illuminate the way to eternal and lasting happiness.  As we live worthy of our covenants, we may find joy in the journey and open arms to receive us when we are called to the other part.  

How grateful I am for this nametag that allowed me to proclaim these glad tidings.  Even though I may have to take it off in a short while, it will be forever engraven upon my heart, along with all of these wonderful people.  Thank you for supporting me, for encouraging me, and for leading me by example.  YOU are the greatest blessing in my life, and not a day goes by that I will not thank the Lord my God for sending me to you.  His work will go on, we will continually be encircled by the arms of His love as we seek His will in all things until we will hear the words, ''Well done, my good and faithful servant.''  I hope He will say that about these 18 months because I have given my all, and He has given so much in return that I will never be able to repay Him.

I love you with all of my heart.  See you soon.  A presto.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a beautiful testimony. I am so thankful that my daughter Sorella Lloyd has had the privilege of serving with Sorella Jacobson - not once but twice. I know Sorella Jacobson means so much to Chandra. She has been a great friend, teacher and example to her. Thank you Sorella Jacobson for all you have done for Chandra. Thank you for the awesome emails we have been able to read. You have truly uplifted and inspired us. Good luck in your future!

    ReplyDelete