"So it was with me. I had actually seen a light, and in the midst of that light I saw two Personages, and they did in reality speak to me; and though I was hated and persecuted for saying that I had seen a vision, yet it was true...For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither dared I do it; at least I knew that by so doing I would offend God, and come under condemnation." Joseph Smith

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The last few incredible weeks...

Wow, what an incredible week.  Who am I kidding?  EVERY week is fantastic!  On Saturday we went to Bergamo for the concert.  Just when I thought my mission couldn't end on a better note after the baptisms of Geraldine and Eugenia...  It was almost like a homecoming.  Everyone was SO excited to see me, we were all laughing and crying and hugging.  The best part was looking out the door and seeing Ana, our new convert walking in.  I opened the door and when she saw me, we just ran to each other...she was in heels and everything.  We just clung together for an entire minute, at a loss for words.  She told me how happy she was to see me, and wouldn't let me go for the rest of the evening.  She just looped her arm through mine, like grandma does.  She is so special, like an aunt or sister to me.  There is not a better feeling in the world than to see her pressing on, so faithful, so full of light and the spirit.  Words just seem empty in trying to describe it.
 
 As missionaries, so often we have to wait for years even to see the fruits of our labors.  Very few are immediate.  But the Lord blessed me to be able to see that all of my efforts weren't in vain, and that just maybe I WAS able to help.  It was so gratifying.  By the end, we were all just crying.  It was like saying goodbye all over again.
 
But the work is not done yet.  Beny is finally starting to make some huge progress, coming to GANS three times last week.  We had a talent show so I accompanied her while she sang, ''Someone like You'' by Adele.  The single adults are doing a good job of frienshipping her, because they've all struggled with the same things.  On sunday she made me print out more music so I could play for her.  She wants to see us all the time, now.
 
Finally, one night it was really late coming home on the bus.  I was so tired, but remembered President's counsel that ''from the last 10% come 90% of the blessings.''  So I saw this woman sitting down, whom Slla Lloyd claims was somewhat scary looking, and even though I didn't feel like it, I started talking to her.  We ended up getting her phone number and then going to her house.  She was there with her sister Fanny, and they had SO many questions like ''Is it necessary to get baptized twice?''  ''How can you know which church is true?''  ''Is Jesus Christ God or the Son of God?  How does that all work?''  We had a great lesson, and the second time we went over they asked US if they could come to church with us.  So we're really excited for them.  We also found 11 new investigators last week, and even after some no-shows, we are hoping some of them turn into progressing investigators.
 
I look forward to pressing on these last few days!
~Sorella Jacobson

No comments:

Post a Comment