"So it was with me. I had actually seen a light, and in the midst of that light I saw two Personages, and they did in reality speak to me; and though I was hated and persecuted for saying that I had seen a vision, yet it was true...For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither dared I do it; at least I knew that by so doing I would offend God, and come under condemnation." Joseph Smith

Friday, May 18, 2012

Miracles in Milan

The miracle of the week, well there are two.  First was Johnny and Karen accepting the 10 of June as a baptismal date!  We are so excited.  We practiced the invite in the morning during companionship study.  They still have their reservations, but because of our practice we had already anticipated what they might say and were ready to help them see it as a goal...something to push them and catalyze an answer.  They were mainly worried about how close it is, they wanted to wait a couple years.  :)  It's actually good when the investigators realize the importance and magnitude of baptism, and that it's not a thing to take lightly.  Today we are having a southern american birthday party with them and the Astudillo family...my companion is making empanadas, yum!
 
Beny is our second miracle.  Last week when my companion was running to the bathroom every half hour and I finally forced her to stay inside, I was looking through our old area book and found a record of an 18 year old girl.  It seemed like everything was going well; she was reading, came to church, etc, but then there was no explanation for why the missionaries stopped.  I called her two different times but she didn't answer.  Then on saturday my companion felt like we needed to look at the area book from 3 to 3:30 and I ran across her teaching record again.  There were tons of potentials, but for some reason hers wouldn't leave me.  I tried again but still no answer, so I jotted down her address in the off-chance that we had some time free on sunday between appointments.  Sunday rolls around, and we have about 1 hour.  We find the address and there are about 50 doorbells...we had no idea which one was hers.  Luckily someone let us in so we decide to knock ALL the doors.  After 20 minutes there was no luck, and then we knock on this door and a young woman answers.  My companion has already started to explain who we are, ''Salve, siamo sorelle missionarie della chiesa di Gesù Cristo...'' when I interrupt and ask ''Comè si chiama?''  (What's your name?)  She says, ''Beny.''  I respond animately ''Beny!  Just the person we were looking for!''  She replies, ''I know.  Come on in!''  Turns out she had lost her phone and then went to San Salvador for a few months, and had lost contact with the missionaries.  She had tons of questions like ''I made a promise to God that I wouldn't drink anymore.  But how can you make promises to God and still keep your friends?''  It was AWESOME!  She wants to see us, and read and pray about the Book of Mormon.  MIRACLE!
 
~Sorella Jacobson

No comments:

Post a Comment