"So it was with me. I had actually seen a light, and in the midst of that light I saw two Personages, and they did in reality speak to me; and though I was hated and persecuted for saying that I had seen a vision, yet it was true...For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither dared I do it; at least I knew that by so doing I would offend God, and come under condemnation." Joseph Smith

Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Count Down is On!

I'll tell you why this week has been absolutely wonderful:
 
First, they announced Eugenia's baptism in church along with Antonella (the elder's investigator).  She was so happy afterward.  And people were coming up and talking with her.  She had her interview on Tuesday which went really well.  Then she just comes up with one of those two-liners that you will remember for the rest of your life.  We were reviewing tithing and going over fast offerings, and she says, ''You know, I think I'll be able to do the whole tithing thing.  I was looking at my budget, and I realized that if I pay tithing with all the money I used to use on cigarettes, I'll come out just fine.''  She hasn't even paid tithing yet and she's already realizing how much she will be blessed!  I cannot even tell you how excited I am!
 
If that weren't enough, we had a lesson with Geraldine at a member's house after church.  Originally, she had decided to wait until after she got back from vacation to be baptized.  At the end of the lesson, she says, ''Sister, is it too late for me to be baptized on the 28th?  I think I'd like to do it.''  We told her to go home and pray about it.  The next day we had one of the most spiritual lessons I've had.  We talked about living prophets and took the amazing Capece couple with us.  At the end of the lesson, I asked, ''Were you able to ask Heavenly Father about baptism?''  ''Yes,'' she said.  ''What did He say?''  I ask.  Are you ready for this?  I still get goosebumps just thinking about it.  She responds, ''I feel that now is the right time for me to be baptized.''  There just isn't a greater feeling.  I gave her a big hug and we were all laughing and congratulating her.  She just had this big smile on her face.
 
Geraldine is one of the humblest, most faithful people I know.  She originally wanted to wait so she could learn more, because we've esentially taught her everything in 2 weeks.  It's been such a great experience, because we've had to keep everything so simple and basic, that the spirit has really been present and able to bear testimony.  Between every lesson, she goes to the lds website to look up everything in both Tagolog and English.  When she doesn't understand, she says, ''Sister, will you please explain?''  I call her quite often, and she says things like, ''Sister, do you think I will be able to answer all of the questions?''  (In regards to the interview.)  Her prayer at the end of the lesson where she decided to be baptized was one of the most beautiful I have ever heard in my life.  She always thanks the Lord for sending her ''my missionaries'' and prays for our families.  She thanks Him for showing her the path and asks for the faith to continue to learn.  She is going to be such a strength for her family...she also wants her children to be ''Mormons.''
 
You think I'm done with all the great things, don't you?  Not a chance. 
 
On top of that, we were finally able to get ahold of Isabel, our baptismal date who went MIA for 3 weeks.  Turns out that she had lost her phone and they had no way to contact us.  What a relief!  So hopefully we can get her back on track again. 
 
So as you can see, the Lord is blessing us beyond measure.  Two baptisms (3 with Antonella) and a concert this weekend, another concert in Bergamo the following, and two other people with baptismal dates.  Plus, we're meeting tons of other awesome people, like Nikol from Nuernberg who speaks German, Italian, AND English.  And happens to be an engieneer.  And I actually was able to talk with him in German, for once. 
 
Love you all.  Remember that faith precedes the miracle.
 
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment