"So it was with me. I had actually seen a light, and in the midst of that light I saw two Personages, and they did in reality speak to me; and though I was hated and persecuted for saying that I had seen a vision, yet it was true...For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither dared I do it; at least I knew that by so doing I would offend God, and come under condemnation." Joseph Smith

Monday, June 25, 2012

New Miracles

New miracles? Yep!  Janet.  She came to church a few weeks ago, and the lesson was on the word of wisdom, which really touched her.  I was surprised because the word of wisdom isn't what you usually think of when you think of spiritual.  I talked with her for a minute afterwards, and she started crying, asking how you help someone who drinks.  I told her that you continue to love the person, just not what they're doing.  I was way surprised when I called a few days later, and she said she wasn't interested.  But two days ago, one of the young single adults set up an appt with us and his friend...who ended up being Janet.  When the Lord is involved, you usually can't escape.  We've had two really neat lessons now, with her telling us how she wants to change her life and come closer to the Savior.  The Atonement is so real and brings so much hope.  It's never too late, and there's no wound that cannot be healed thanks to the atonement. 
 
 There are so many little miracles that happen every day that it's hard to write them all to you.  The Lord blessed us with another 31 lesson week, so we are exhausted but happy. 
 
The other day on the bus, this woman kept looking at me, like she knew me.  I went over to talk with her, and she asked me who Jesus Christ was for me.  I told her that He is the Son of God, and our Saviour.  I don't know how to describe it, but I felt as if we already knew each other.  As if we were distant relatives or something.  She said, ''I'm so proud of you.  You are beautiful, and have chosen well in following Jesus Christ.  It is so refreshing to see young people demonstrate their faith, without shame or reservation.''  I wish you could have seen the look in her eye, as if it were someone familiar.  It's one of those things that happens every once in a while.  We have their phone number, so hopefully we can teach her, her husband, and three year old son.  
 
That's it for now.  I love you all!
~Sorella Jacobson

No comments:

Post a Comment